CAB to hold interest meeting

The Campus Activities Board will hold an interest session Wednesday night at 6 in The Union ballroom for all students looking for a way to get involved at school. Applications are available online at www.msstate.edu/org/cab or in the CAB office in the Union room 118. Students can turn in completed applications at the meeting or in Room 118 prior to the interest session.
    “The applications are basic fill-in forms that ask things such as what activities students are involved in,” said Kelly Nesbit, faculty adviser. “We want to make sure the students have time for CAB.”
    Nesbit said the application process will begin with group interviews Thursday. “A list will be released on Friday letting students know if they made the second round,” she said. Second round “meet and greet” interviews will be held Monday in the Union faculty lounge.
    New committee member lists will be posted Sept. 9 and the first meeting will be held Sept. 15 in the Union, said student director Brynn Burns.
    “CAB is five imaginative, educational and entertaining committees that bring fun and exciting events to Mississippi State University. The different committees we have are special events, entertainment, film and recreation, Dawg House entertainment and speakers’ forum,” said Nesbit.
    CAB already has some “exciting” events planned for the fall semester, said Burns.
    “CAB will be showing ‘The Passion of the Christ’ in the Hump on Sept. 30,” she said. “Several other organizations are helping us sponsor this event. We will have counselors on sight after the film to help students deal with the movie.”
    Burns said CAB is also sponsoring the Miss Maroon and White pageant, held in the Hump Oct. 14 and the annual Halloween carnival held in the MSU amphitheater Oct. 28. The annual Holiday Bazaar, held in the Union ballroom, is planned for Nov. 29-30.
    Meghan Kish, a sophomore geosciences major and previous speakers’ forum member, encourages other students to apply for CAB. “CAB is really important on campus and it is a really good way to bring bands and speakers not only to Mississippi State students but also to the community. It helps bring diversity to campus.”