Staff guesses who will go home with Emmy this Sunday

It’s time for the Emmy’s, television’s version of the Academy Awards. And that also means that it’s time for some of our writers to try their hand at predicting who’s going to win. There are too many awards to predict, so we just chose some of the main ones again.
    The awards will air on ABC this Sunday starting at 7 p.m.
    Drama Series: “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” CBS; “Joan of Arcadia,” CBS; “The Sopranos,” HBO; “24,” Fox; “The West Wing,” NBC.
    Gabe: “CSI” may be a Nielsen champ week after week, but don’t expect it to beat out fledgling hit “Joan of Arcadia” or aging powerhouse “The Sopranos.” My Pick: Bada Bing! “The Sopranos.”
    Ben: “The West Wing” will probably win, but my pick is “CSI” for being the No. 1 drama and showing original ideas that people love to watch.
    Comedy Series: “Arrested Development,” Fox; “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” HBO; “Everybody Loves Raymond,” CBS; “Sex and the City,” HBO; “Will & Grace,” NBC.
    Gabe: Critics love “Development” and “Curb.” Audiences love “Sex” and “Will and Grace.” And, well … everybody loves “Raymond.” My Pick: “Sex and the City” takes this one as a lovely parting gift.
    Ben: “Sex and the City” will most likely win again, especially since it’s their last season, but “Arrested Development” is the best as far as keeping the laughs coming throughout the show.
    Miniseries: “American Family, Journey of Dreams,” PBS; “Angels in America,” HBO; “Horatio Hornblower,” A&E; “Prime Suspect 6: The Last Witness (Masterpiece Theatre),” PBS; “Traffic: The Miniseries,” USA.
    Gabe: Let’s see … “Angels in America” versus … oh, what’s it matter? My pick: Duh! “Angels”!
    Ben: For all the buzz that surrounds it, “Angels in America” will probably win, but “Traffic” should win for its depiction of the war on drugs.
    Actor, Drama Series: James Spader, “The Practice,” ABC; James Gandolfini, “The Sopranos,” HBO; Kiefer Sutherland, “24,” Fox; Martin Sheen, “The West Wing,” NBC; Anthony LaPaglia, “Without a Trace,” CBS.
    Gabe: Spader and LaPaglia both have shots, but this is Gandolfini’s to lose. My pick: Never go against the don. James Gandolfini whacks the competition!
    Ben: Keifer Sutherland should win for his great acting in “24,” but James Gandolfini will probably win for his gangster boss role in the “Sopranos.”
    Actress, Drama Series: Jennifer Garner, “Alias,” ABC; Amber Tamblyn, “Joan of Arcadia,” CBS; Mariska Hargitay, “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” NBC; Edie Falco, “The Sopranos,” HBO; Allison Janney, “The West Wing,” NBC.
    Gabe: Falco and Janney have won in the past, but “Joan” star Amber Tamblyn may have a miraculous victory up her sleeve. My pick: Tough call, but I’ll say Tamblyn over Falco.
    Ben: Edie Falco or Allison Janney will probably win because of their more mature roles on “Sopranos” and “The West Wing,” respectively. But I think Amber Tamblyn should win for her exceptional turn as a teenager who speaks to God on “Joan of Arcadia.”
    Actor, Comedy Series: Larry David, “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” HBO; John Ritter, “8 Simple Rules,” ABC; Kelsey Grammer, “Frasier,” NBC; Matt LeBlanc, “Friends,” NBC; Tony Shalhoub, “Monk,” USA.
    Gabe: Shalhoub’s infectious work on “Monk” won’t win this award. Nor will Matt LeBlanc’s career- best year on “Friends.” My Pick: The sympathy vote rings up a posthumous victory for the beloved John Ritter.
    Ben: Kelsey Grammar will most likely win because it’s his last season of “Frasier,” but Matt LeBlanc deserves to win for his great acting as Joey in the last season of “Friends.”
    Actress, Comedy Series: Patricia Heaton, “Everybody Loves Raymond,” CBS; Jennifer Aniston, “Friends,” NBC; Bonnie Hunt, “Life With Bonnie,” ABC; Jane Kaczmarek, “Malcolm in the Middle,” Fox; Sarah Jessica Parker, “Sex and the City,” HBO.
    Gabe: Kazmarek’s been campaigning for it. Aniston deserves it. My pick: But Parker’s never won for “Sex,” and the Emmy voters won’t miss their last chance to drop a golden statue on her mantle.
    Ben: Sarah Jessica Parker will win for her role in “Sex and the City’s” last season, but Jane Kaczmareck should win this year for her convincing role as Malcolm’s mom in “Malcolm in the Middle.”
    Actor, Miniseries or a Movie: Antonio Banderas, “And Starring Pancho Villa As Himself,” HBO; Al Pacino, “Angels in America,” HBO; James Brolin, “The Reagans,” Showtime; Alan Rickman, “Something the Lord Made,” HBO; Mos Def, “Something the Lord Made,” HBO.
    Gabe: Banderas may have the Latin heat and showman’s chutzpah to pull off an upset My Pick: But don’t bet on it. Hoo-ha! Pacino, Pacino, Pacino!
    Ben: Al Pacino will probably win and should win in his compelling role in “Angels In America.”
    Actress, Miniseries or a Movie: Emma Thompson, “Angels in America,” HBO; Meryl Streep, “Angels in America,” HBO; Glenn Close, “The Lion in Winter,” Showtime; Helen Mirren, “Prime Suspect 6: The Last Witness (Masterpiece Theatre),” PBS; Judy Davis, “The Reagans,” Showtime.
    Gabe: Judy Davis is one of my favorite actresses, and she gave a towering performance in “The Reagans.” My Pick: Sad, really. That she has to be up against the mind-blowing, four-role performance of Meryl Streep in “Angels.” Oh, Meryl, Meryl, how do I love thee?
    Ben: Emma Thompson should win for “Angels In America,” but Meryl Streep will win for the same movie because she’s a more distinguished actress.