College Democrats will not be intimidated

The MSU College Democrats have experienced a weekend of intimidating behavior, but let me be very clear. We will not be deterred from our goal: fighting for what is right for America. We are entitled to the same freedom of opinion and expression of opinion enjoyed by any other group or organization in America or on campus.
    During the Homecoming parade Friday afternoon, we were subjected to numerous profane gestures as well as pelted with objects such as ice and aluminum foil from our friends at Sigma Alpha Epsilon. Thick skin, literally, kept us going.
    Roughly 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning, our float was set on fire by an unknown person or persons.
    Again, we won’t be stopped.
    The Starkville Police Department is currently investigating this incident as “malicious mischief,” but we are pressing the department to correctly classify this as third degree arson so that the party or parties responsible get a chance to enjoy a one year minimum jail sentence. If anyone has any information to assist the police in their investigation, please contact the Starkville Police Department.
    The attacks against our organization are being made by narrow-minded individuals with intolerance for an ideology other than their own. This is no different from America being attacked for our belief in freedom. How can those who apparently support the current president because of his stance against the “enemies of freedom” be enemies of freedom themselves?
    With that said, our organization will work harder, be more prevalent on campus and do everything in our power to show students on campus and residents in our community that the right choice for president of the United States is John Kerry.
    Allow me to take this opportunity to announce that the College Democrats are sponsoring a movie night on Monday, Oct. 25 and Friday, Oct. 29 in The Union small auditorium. We’ll be showing “Fahrenheit 9/11.” Admission is free, and the movie will begin at 7 pm.
    Brandon Bogard is the president of MSU College Democrats.