Soccer seniors, coach share memories

April Berry
    Midfielder
    Arlington, Texas
    1. Who or what was your greatest influence at MSU?
    It has to be all of the coaches. We have had 6 different coaches throughout my time here, and I really enjoyed all of them and their different perspectives on not only the game, but also on life.
    2. What is your fondest soccer memory at MSU?
    The last practice of spring 2004. (My girls know what happened.)
    3. What will you miss most about playing soccer at MSU?
    The close relationships with all the girls and coaches. You can’t beat it! You win, lose, cry and laugh together. You become a family that will last a lifetime.
    4. What was your biggest win at MSU?
    Beating Ole Miss to win the SEC West! The fans were great and my daddy was there to surprise me!
    Coach MacDonald’s comments on Berry:
    A natural leader, who has demonstrated this year to everyone what it takes to win games. She has never shied away from the challenge, and has always been willing to take responsibility for the ball.
    Allison Mullen
    Forward
    Greenville, Miss.
    The hard work of my teammates and my coaches pushing me to always do my best and give it my all.
    When I scored my first goal in a SEC game against Georgia and we ended up beating them on their home field.
    Being around all my teammates and going on road trips. I will always remember all the memories of riding on the bus for hours and sitting by Meghan Odom.
    4. What was your biggest win at MSU?
    Winning the Magnolia Cup against Ole Miss on Senior Night for the first time.
    It was special because all our parents and families were there.
    Coach MacDonald’s comments on Mullen:
    Allison is another natural leader. Her strength of character and personality will be greatly missed in the following years. As hard a working player as you will find.
    Morgan McDonald
    Defender
    Benson, N.C.
    My greatest influence is definately the four other girls that experienced the SEC West Championship freshman year. April Berry, Ngum Suh, Kristin Peterson and Karen Sandrik are all awesome athletes and wonderful people.
    These girls taught me so much about soccer and life. I’ll miss them lots!
    Nothing will ever top beating Ole Miss freshman year in the last 13 seconds of the second overtime. With this win, we won the SEC West. To make it even better, we were at Ole Miss. A lot of fans came out to support us which added even more to the excitement!
    I will miss putting on my jersey for those Friday night home games, but even more than that I will miss the girls and the staff. I love each person on this team and they will always have a special place in my heart.
    4. What was your biggest win at MSU?
    Our biggest win was last season when we beat No. 2 Florida Gators at home and on Senior Night. The last five minutes of that game it didnt leave our 18 yard box and I dont think I have ever been that stressed in my life! With a little hard work and luck, we came out on top beating the Gators for the first time in school history!
    Coach MacDonald’s comments on McDonald:
    Morgan is simply one of the best defensive players I have ever worked with. She reads the game as well as anyone and will be greatly misssed in the years to follow.
    Kristin Peterson
    Midfielder
    Arlington, Texas
    The coaching staff always had the greatest influence on me. They were always encouraging and kept the fire in all of us alive. I appreciate everything they have done for me and I respect them very much.
    My fondest soccer memory had to be Senior night this year. It was a closing of a chapter for all six of us and it will stay with me forever.
    The thing I will miss most about playing soccer at MSU is all the friendships.
    I have been with these girls every day for four years and next year we will all go our separate ways.
    4. What was your biggest win at MSU?
    The biggest win during my soccer career was freshman against Ole Miss. We had a lot riding on that game including the SEC tournament and Western Division Championship. We all left it on the field that night and came out with a win.
    Coach MacDonald’s comments on Peterson:
    One of the smartest players in the SEC, Kristin can contribute at a high level in any outfield (any position but goalkeeper) position. Her strong pesonality and single-mindedness are an example to everyone.
    Ngum Suh
    Forward/Midfielder
    Portland, Ore.
    1. Who or what was you greatest influence at MSU?
    The players and coaches because they made me want to work hard. I wasn’t doing it for me, but I was doing it for other people. It made me feel good to be a part of something.
    Making the tournament two times and making history for the school, and my first time stepping on the soccer field.
    The girls and just getting to know everyone. I know a lot of people from everywhere, mostly from Texas. It’s great to have friends everywhere.
    4. What was your biggest win at MSU?
    This year when we took the Magnolia Cup for the first time ever and it was just another first for our team.
    Coach MacDonald’s comments on Sandrik:
    Ngum’s contribution to the team this year has been amazing. She approached the season with the attitude that she would play anywhere that she could to help the cause. A true team player who has helped make us tick as a team.
    Karen Sandrik
    Defender
    Orlando, Fla.
    My teammates
    Beating Florida last year in front of our home crowd on senior night.
    The fun times with all of the girls whether it is at practice, on roadtrips, or just at Perry Cafeteria.
    4. What was your biggest win at MSU?
    Florida was big, but I think beating Ole Miss in 2001 for the West SEC was a little bit bigger in terms of the whole picture.
    Coach MacDonald’s comments on Sandrik:
    Technically a very good defender, Karen’s leadership over the course of the past few years has been amazing. She is a model student/athlete.