Fair feeds fans food

Students and alumni can enjoy live music, games, exhibits and free food at the pig-cooking contest tomorrow at the MSU/State Farm Fan Fair.
    The fair, set up on the west side of Davis Wade Stadium near Bost Extension Center, will last from 11 a.m. until the first pitch of the baseball game between the Bulldogs and Florida.
    State Farm Insurance, Bryan Foods and Mississippi Pork Producers are sponsoring the fan fair as part of Super Bulldog Weekend. Free samplings of barbecue will be available following the Pig-Cooking Contest, said Bulldog Club representative Jim Ellis.
    Bully will be at the event for pictures and university athletes will be available for autographs. The sponsors will also set up interactive games, face painting and booths for campus organizations.
    As part of the Virgin College Mega Tour’s daytime activities, three musical artists will perform at the Fan Fair. Michael Tolcher, Tyler Hilton and Chris Grace will perform on the Behringer Day Stage.
    “The interactive village will be set up with a stage for three different acts,” said Raymond Brooks, associate director of Colvard Union. “They are all free, but the Michelle Branch concert at night is a paid concert.”
    The other sponsors of the college tour-Dentyne Ice, Dentyne Fire, Volvo, Uno,
    Mattel, Gibson Pure, Rock the Vote and Epiphone Guitars-will sponsor giveaways and chances to win prizes in the Interactive Village.
    People who visit booths will have a chance to watch one of the bands warm up or possibly meet one of the artists and sit in the Virgin VIP section. A guitar autographed by Michelle Branch will also be given away.
    “There will also be listening stations set up for people to hear new music, provided by the college tour,” Brooks said.
    “I think that people should remember that this is a good family event with games and many other things to do all close by,” said event organizer Mark Crenshaw, a professor of animal and dairy science.