Katherine Sinele profile

Katherine Sinele
    Sophomore
    Madison, Miss.
    Biological Engineering
    Passion is important to SA secretary candidate Katherine Sinele.
    “G.W.F. Heagle once said that nothing great in this world has ever been accomplished without passion,” Sinele said. “I’ve known from the second I stepped on to this campus that I love it. I want the opportunity to give back to it.”
    Sinele said her work ethic and organizational skills are what would make her a good secretary.
    “Secretary is a job where you have your job in front of you and you just need to do a good job at what you’re given to do,” she said.
    Working with the university administration would be critical to any member of the SA’s executive branch.
    “The executive branch of the SA has a very unique opportunity to further the student’s cause,” Sinele said. “Dr. Lee’s administration works very closely with the executive branch and with the SA to really get what the students want done through the SA.”
    Student outreach would be one of Sinele’s major goals. “The committee they formed this year (Student Outreach) is a really good committee and that’s something I’d like to take an active role in,” she said.
    Expanding Bulldog Benefit is also a priority. “We need to show the community we’re willing to give back to them,” Sinele said.
    However, making herself available to people would be her most important job. “My number one goal is to be available to everybody, to every single other officer and if any of the people on committees,” Sinele said.