Rebs still perfect in SEC, Tigers rising in the polls

UT
    Tennessee should have an easy one against Duke. The Vols got blasted out of the water by Georgia, lost to Auburn, and won in overtime verses Bama and South Carolina.
    KEY STAT: UT is 75 percent on fourth down conversions.
    UGA
    Talk about inconsistency. The Bulldogs beat UAB in a 16-13 nailbiter. But they went into Neyland Stadium and pulverized Tennessee 41-14. UGA also trailed Vandy 2-0 at the half. Injuries may be too much for Georgia at this weekend’s largest outdoor cocktail party.
    KEY STAT: UGA leads the league in turnover margin at +1.
    Florida
    Florida coach Ron Zook got his Gators out of the cellar after the loss in the Swamp to Mississippi with wins against top 15 teams. The Gators upset LSU off of a bye week and held on against Arkansas.
    KEY STAT: Florida is second in the league in total offense (407 yards).
    UK
    The Wildcats will be tested by a hungry Arkansas team on a three game losing streak. The Cats have one thing the Razorbacks don’t–Derek Abney.
    KEY STAT: UK is last in the league in rushing, with 128 yards a game.
    Ever since they knocked off Virginia, the Gamecocks have struggled on the offense. A legitimate secondary shoud help against Mississippi.
    KEY STAT: Carolina only averages 22 points a game, which stands as 11th in the SEC.
    Carolina
    The Commodores once again are at the bottom of the SEC. A three-point loss to Mississippi and a devastating loss to Navy have wreaked havoc on a much-anticipated season.
    KEY STAT: Vandy’s average points scored is 21 (lowest in SEC). The Dores allow 28 a game.
    Auburn
    The Tigers were stopped in their tracks Saturday night in Death Valley. Auburn, like Arkansas has a good running game, but no passing attack. Auburn still has a shot at the SEC West race, but cannot control its own destiny.
    KEY STAT: Auburn has a pass offense is last in the SEC (177 yards).
    LSU
    ttened Cadillac Williams tires in a 31-7 victory over Auburn. LSU has an inconsistent, but explosive offense and has the nation’s top rushing defense.
    KEY STAT: LSU leads the SEC in scoring defense (9.5 points).
    Mississippi
    This week the Rebels will face a young, but well-coached South Carolina team. The Rebels are the only team left that has never represented the West in the SEC championship.
    KEY STAT: Mississippi leads the
    Arkansas
    SEC in scoring offense averaging 37.4 points a contest.
    Pig Sooie fans must be sick. The Hogs, once ranked in the top 10, but dropped out of the polls after three consecutive losses. UA may have a strong running game, but they must find a better way to put points on the board.
    KEY STAT: The Hogs are dead last in the SEC in sacks (seven in seven games).
    MSU
    Maroon and White fans have been forced to look ahead toward basketball. Thankfully, tip-off is almost here.
    KEY STAT: State allows 36 points a game (last in the SEC)
    Alabama
    They were 11-2 last year. What happened? Four of six losses have been by one score and two in overtime, that’s what happened. The Crimson Tide cannot finish games.
    KEY STAT: Bama only averages 396 total yards a game, which ranks 11th in the SEC.