CAB offers late night alternative

Many Mississippi State University students hear the words “late night” and think of an off-campus activity that includes lots of alcohol, but that is all about to change.
    For the first time, Campus Activities Board will be hosting a late night called Dawgs til’ Dawn.
    MSU is the only university in the Southeastern Conference not hosting late-night activities, so CAB decided to jump on the bandwagon.
    Dawgs til’ Dawn starts Thursday at 10 p.m. and will continue until 2 a.m. Friday morning on the first and second floors of the Colvard Student Union.
    “Dawgs til’ Dawn is a mix of favorite campus activities all rolled into one,” said Kelly Nesbit, assistant director of the Colvard Union and CAB adviser. “A late night is a great way to get students involved with Homecoming this year,” senior Sara Beth Stockton said. The MSU late night will feature Casino Night-complete with blackjack, craps, roulette, a money wheel and slot games-scheduled to run the entirety of the event.
    Hypnotist Michael C. Anthony will also be present to entrance the minds of willing students beginning at 11 p.m. There will also be a video dance party in the Dawg House, on the first floor of the Union, plenty of board games for students to play and a caricature artist.
    “I think it’s a great idea and it will help bring diverse groups of students together in a fun environment,” senior Sara Smira said.
    And late night just wouldn’t be late night without something to chow down on, so Domino’s is providing Dawgs til’ Dawn with pizza. There will also be drinks.
    If enough people show up, Dawgs til’ Dawn could become a regular event, Nesbit said.
    “We are hoping have a 400 to 500 people turn out,” she said, adding she will be pleased if attendance is greater than anticipated.
    Dawgs til’ Dawn is sponsored by CAB, the Union, the MSU Alumni Association, the Division of Student Affairs and Domino’s. For more information about Dawgs til’ Dawn, contact Campus Activities Board at 325-2930 or visit them on the Web at www.msstate.edu/org/cab.