Volleyball seniors post most memorable moments

Jennifer Rousey
    Middle Blocker
    .290 season attack percentage (leads team)
    222 career blocks (leads team)
    Greatest influence at MSU:
    “My greatest influence here would have to be my teammates. We are all so close, and I have learned something from each of them.”
    Biggest win in career at MSU:
    “LSU last weekend. We hadn’t beaten LSU since I’d been here, and we had gotten in a rut as a team. That win really proved to us that we are better than our record shows.”
    What I’ll miss most:
    “All my teammates. We just take it for granted right now that we get to see each other every day. I’m going to really miss all the little things that we know about each other from being together so much.”
    Coach Brenda Bowlin’s comments:
    “Jenn has been a great player for us. She has been a great offensive weapon in the middle, it’s just sad that she had to miss most of her SEC season this year due to the injury.”
    Tanika Taylor
    Libero/ Outside Hitter
    983 career digs (leads team)
    67 career aces
    Greatest influence at MSU:
    “I would have to say my teammates. You know when you come here you’re eighteen and these girls become your best friends. You really grow up a lot together in four years.”
    Fondest memory at MSU:
    “The first day of school our freshman year. We all got together in Rice and walked to our classes together. It was just exciting to be in college.”
    What you’ll miss most:
    Just the whole college experience. I’ll be graduating in May, and then it will be time to become a real adult.”
    Coach Bowlin’s comments:
    “Tanika has played every position on the court. There aren’t too many athletes that I’ve coached who can physically do anything a ask them to. She’s got great court sense, and she’s a defensive specialist. She’s just got that instinct to know where the ball is going to be.”
    Jennifer Hadden
    Setter
    2,680 assists (4th all-time)
    73 career aces (leads team)
    Greatest influence at MSU:
    “Coach Akins. He was always made you want to work hard for him. He would always yell at you and get in your face, but at heart he was just a big teddy bear.”
    Fondest MSU memory:
    “I love this team, but especially this senior class. That’s the beauty of a small team like this. You get develop some of the closest friendships you’ll ever have.
    Biggest win in career at MSU:
    “Winning at LSU last weekend. It was great to see everyone play consistent and pull though for the victory. Wins over Ole Miss are always nice, too.”
    What you’ll miss most MSU:
    “My girls. This is my family.”
    Coach Bowlin’s comments:
    “Hadden has been our rock. She’s a consistent player on game-day and in practice. She’s tough mentally and physically. She is someone I can always count on, and that’s a big credit to her because that’s not easy.”
    Nicole Broome
    Opposite Hitter
    155 blocks
    470 kills
    Greatest influence at MSU:
    “Definitely my teammates. I came from out of state, so I didn’t know many people. These girls are my best friends. We have always been a team.”
    Biggest win in career at MSU:
    “Georgia our freshman year. It was on TV, and we hadn’t beaten them in forever (1979).”
    What you’ll miss most:
    “I’ll miss being a part of this team. You can’t get the intensity of competing like this anywhere else. I’ll miss that feeling you get after a great block or a huge point.”
    Coach Bowlin’s comments:
    “Out of all the seniors, Nicole is probably the most improved. She has excelled this year, and become the best one-on-one blocker we have. She’s an offensive threat and shuts down the competition’s best left-side players with her defense.”
    Lauren Bounds
    Libero
    410 digs
    101 kills
    Greatest influence at MSU:
    “This team, and the other people I’ve met while I was here. I’ve made some of the best friends here at MSU.
    Fondest MSU memory:
    “All the crazy nights with my teammates. Especially when we were freshman when we were getting to know each other and getting in trouble.”
    Biggest win in career at MSU:
    “The LSU game. It’s our senior year, and LSU is a good school. It was probably the most memorable, exciting, and emotional game I’ve played. We didn’t know what to do with ourselves (after the victory).”
    Coach Bowlin’s comments:
    “Lauren came into the program as a left-side hitter, but she has really excelled in ball control and defense from the libero position. She’s just a great defensive player.”
    Hilary Chambers
    Middle Blocker
    548 kills
    258 blocks (leads team)
    Greatest influence at MSU:
    “Definitely God. College is where I’ve grown the most (spiritually).”
    Fondest MSU memory:
    “All the trips with the team, the football games, and (being form Colorado) the southern hospitality.”
    Biggest win in career at MSU:
    “Beating Ole Miss. Also the LSU game this year, that was a big accomplishment.”
    What you’ll miss most:
    “My teammates. We are together 24-7 and just like sisters. You can’t come back to this, and it’s going to be sad to leave.”
    Coach Bowlin’s comments:
    “As our middle hitter, she’s one of the better blockers to come through here. She’s three blocks away from making the MSU top 10 blockers of all-time. She has worked extremely hard in her four years here.”