Cure your relationship hangovers

Some wake up the morning after bar-hopping and wonder why they are laying on their bedroom floors smelling like alcohol and waffles and how they managed to get their pants off without removing their shoes.
    Memories of attempting to dance to techno while holding a walk-me-down may cause them to throw hands over their mouths in utter embarrassment, praying no one will remember the fall on the dance floor that left them with a limp the rest of the night.
    When dating someone, do you ever have to stop and try to remember what you are doing, or have been doing, for that matter? Has your relationship been a blurred search for significance?
    Relationships too often turn into a series of mind-numbing shots followed by serious hangovers.
    This relationship hangover often goes unnoticed but is all around us.
    So why do we have these relationships?
    The heat of the moment often causes people to be more open and feel like they’re in a comfortable environment.
    This is just like having that last shot that sends you from being conscious of others seeing you to thinking you’re in your own private box where sound and rhythm have no boundaries.
    If you are constantly embarrassed and confused by your actions in your relationship, it could be because you A) did something that requires an apology or maybe just an explanation, or B) you may be living through a never-ending relationship hangover that could be avoided by moving on.
    This kind of relationship doesn’t always mean things aren’t working. It means that things have gotten off track-assuming you two want to be on the same track.
    So the question is, is the relationship worth losing those last few brain cells?
    Is your relationship a constant headache? If so, take some time off the bottle and dig into your emotions for what purpose you have for yourself and the other in your situation.
    If unhappiness is surrounding your decisions of romance, think about saving the hangovers for a weekend morning.
    Send comments to [email protected]