Lady Dawgs swept by USA

The Mississippi State University women’s tennis team (6-3) fell to 15th-ranked South Alabama, 7-0, on Sunday at the Bruce David Lubel Memorial Courts on the campus of South Alabama.
    In doubles action, Elaine Fagan and Yumi Ueda fell 8-2 to Jaguars Katarina Palenikova and Viktoria Stoklasova at the No. 1 position. Anastasia Kugakolova and Magdi Rekasi played a tough match with Marlieke Jager and Klara Jarova at the second position. Jager and Jarova were victorious 9-7 over MSU’s duo. At the No. 3 position, Marcelle Hirt and Justyna Switala fell to Andrea Kurekova and Dominika Nemcovicova in an 8-2 decision.
    Hirt fell, at the No. 1 position to No. 47th-ranked Stoklasova, 6-2, 6-0. Kurekova defeated MSU’s Rekasi 7-5, 6-3 at the No. 2 position. At No. 3, Kugakolova dropped her match to Jager 7-5, 6-2.
    Ueda fell 6-0, 6-2 to Nemcovicova at the fourth spot. Fagan was defeated by USA’s Jarova, 6-2, 6-3. In the only match to need a super-tiebreaker, Switala fell 6-3, 4-6, 10-5, to Palenikova to snap her five-match singles win streak.
    The Lady Bulldogs return to action Feb. 28, when the squad opens SEC play against 23rd-ranked South Carolina. The match is set to begin at 1:30 p.m.