Hunt Club gears up for semester

Once again, it is time for one of Starkville’s popular nightspots to welcome back Mississippi State University students. Along with its growing popularity, Remmington’s Hunt Club is also growing in size, drink specials and band acts.
    Entertainment this semester includes many new and old bands, including Cherry Bomb, NSP, Vanilla Ice and many more.
    “We were able to find some really good talent this semester and have a rotation of bands,” Hunt Club owner Bill Norris said.
    Rodney Carrington, a popular comedy musician, is just one of the acts the Hunt Club is featuring in the upcoming weeks.
    “We’ve already had calls to buy tickets for Carrington,” Norris said. “Most likely it will be a sell-out.”
    Tickets for the Sept. 18 performance will be $37.50 for reserved and $27.50 at the door. To order reserved tickets, call 323-2892 or visit the front counter at Bulldog Lanes.
    Another act coming to Remmington’s is last year’s favorite, Cherry Bomb. Norris attributes their popularity to the two female lead singers.
    NSP, an Atlanta-based band, is another band Remmington’s will host this semester.
    “They are very hot in Atlanta,” Norris said. “They are big in hip hop and rap.”
    Other artists to appear at the Hunt Club include Lenny Strickland, Gabby Johnson, Hogg Mountain Lugg Nuts, Bishop Black Undertow, Coconut Cowboys, King Konga, Dezeray’s Hammer and Gray Street. Each band will perform two to four times. Another successful act from last year is Vanilla Ice, who will be at the Hunt Club Wednesday night with a $15 cover. The Hunt Club intends to continue Tuesday night as Ladies Night, where dance music will be played by a DJ.
    “We know that the ladies like to dance a lot so we’re excited about our Tuesday nights this semester,” Norris said.
    Wednesday nights will also be a Ladies Night, with $5 cover for girls and $10 cover for the guys. Thursday and Friday nights are band nights, every night with a different band and a DJ in another room. Monday, Friday and Saturday will feature Happy Butch Karaoke.
    “We’re fortunate to get him when he stopped doing karaoke at one of the other bars in town,” Norris said.
    The Hunt Club has plenty of room for dancing and bands, with three separate rooms and two dance floors with DJs.
    “We’re proud to say that we are one of the top 50 bars in the nation,” Norris said.
    The Hunt Club’s size has a lot to do with its success, with a capacity of 3,700 and 25,000 square feet.
    “We have 10,000 square feet we can expand to,” Norris said. “We will probably expand in a year or two.”
    With all the extra space the Hunt Club has acquired, it is now possible and convenient to have private parties in one of the extra rooms.
    “We invite everybody to give us a shot on a private party,” Norris said. “If they give us a call, it will probably shock them at how reasonable it costs.”
    Tonight, Remmington’s hosts a Welcome Back Party, with a combination of Ladies Night and an eight-piece band, Grand Torino, who, according to Norris, are “incredible.” Coors Light will also be at the Welcome Back Party, giving out prizes.
    “We encourage everyone to come back,” Norris said. “We want to give our customers the best value for their buck, the cleanest environment and fun entertainment.