Harry Potter not alone in evil

I am shocked that America seems to have so quickly forgotten about the evils of Harry Potter! For months, conscientious individuals and groups spoke out against J.K. Rowling’s insidious attempt to draw all of the world’s children into the evils of witchcraft and wizardry. For the last few weeks, I have heard very little about it, and those few editorials I have seen on the subject have claimed that the few stalwart and true heroes of censorship that are trying desperately to save the children are fanatics of some sort! The audacity!
    The reason I am writing this article is not only to warn responsible citizens about the evils of Harry Potter, but also to point out some other seemingly harmless children’s entertainment which, if they are exposed to it, will doubtless lead them straight into Satan’s waiting arms!
    1. First and foremost-“Harry Potter!” These books (and the movie) teach children how to engage in witchcraft simply by going to a London train station, walking through platform nine and three quarters, obtaining a magic wand and chanting “magic words” which, while seemingly humorous puns on Latin phrases by the author, are in reality coded pledges of devotion to the devil! Avoid them at all costs!
    2. “The Wizard of Oz”-Witches and wizards and flying monkeys – Oh my! A disobedient little girl runs away and befriends an animated scarecrow, a man transformed by devilry into metal and a talking lion. She also deals with Glenda, the “good witch” (a contradiction in terms) of the North. The girl is rewarded by evil-looking munchkins for murdering a witch (at least there is some element of morality in this). Sadly, the little girl then engages the help of a self-professed wizard to return home. Is getting home really worth striking hands with the prince of darkness?
    3. “Snow White”-After leaving her home and going to live with seven men, a woman is cursed by a witch. She then marries a complete stranger after he takes advantage of her unconscious state by kissing her.
    4. “Cinderella”-A girl enlists the aid of a demon spirit (or “fairy godmother”) to disguise her as a princess and is rewarded for her deceitfulness by marrying a prince. Should we teach children that by casting spells and lying to everyone, their dreams will come true?
    5. “Sleeping Beauty”-A girl who has spells cast over her by demon spirits from birth is cursed by a particularly nasty one. She lives for years with three demon spirits until the curse renders her unconscious. Later, she too, is awakened by a strange man taking advantage of her in her sleep.
    6. Every other Disney movie ever made-We’ll just go ahead and rule out any of the dozens of Disney movies with talking animals. After all, this could only be accomplished by witchcraft, right? And the very implication that animals can reason and emote like humans distorts children’s vision of the world.
    Not only that, but do I even need to mention the perversion of nature that underlie “The Little Mermaid” and “Beauty and the Beast”-twisted, half-human, half-animal creatures lurking about everywhere!
    7. Every other “fairy tale” ever told-after all, what fairy tale doesn’t include magic? And any and all reference to magic must scar children’s tender minds, right?
    Sure, some might claim that such stories use talking animals, magic and fictional situations to teach values and morals to children through entertaining analogies, but we know that children are completely incapable of distinguishing fiction from reality. Putting such stories into their heads that deal with magic can only encourage their horrid little minds to become more corrupted! What’s next? Will we encourage children to use their wretched imaginations to come up with their own stories?
    Some even argue that responsible parents who are cautious enough to censor what their children read should be able to explain to them what is real and what is not. Some would make the nefarious claim that, with proper explanation and supervision, reading these fictional tales of enchantment is beneficial to children because it improves their reading skills and vocabulary and helps them think creatively. Don’t they see that creativity and imagination lead children to use drugs, join cults, sacrifice animals and worship the devil?
    And what about other literature seemingly decent adults read? Here are some other things we need to get rid of, too-for the good of all mankind:
    1. Shakespeare-His plays are full of murder, sex, and cross-dressing. Throw them all into the fire.
    2. Everything by Edgar Allan Poe-It is the work of a madman, full of death, darkness, evil magic and torture
    3. Beowulf – This tale speaks of monsters and magic and glorifies warlords.
    4. For that matter, the Bible contains greusome death by the hundreds of thousands, if not millions! There are also recorded instances of rape (see Genesis 34), and the Song of Solomon is entirely too risqu?. Besides all that, there are also mentions of sorcery, cult worship, sex and any number of things that may scar the tender psyche of decent people.
    In fact, let’s ban the written word in general. Why discriminate? There’s no telling what detrimental affects different writings could have on different people. We’ll just burn all books. Maybe then, society and, most of all, the children, will be safe.