Career Day kicks off today

Students looking for work experience will have access to more than 100 companies at the Career Center’s Career Day from noon to 4 p.m. today in the Humphrey Coliseum.
    BellSouth, ExxonMobil Corp., Viking and Wells Fargo Financial are just a few of the companies scheduled to have representatives at the job fair.
    Career Center assistant director Lisa Buckner said students should look for experience in their respective fields early.
    “Students can contact the Career Center for a career plan to help them with their career decisions,” she said. “The best advice for students is to research the companies that will be present at Career Day so they will have a better knowledge of whom they should speak with.”
    Students also need to dress business casual and bring copies of their rsums, Buckner added.
    Graduate and professional schools will also have representatives seeking students interested in higher educational opportunities.
    Jeffrey Hart, a junior business information systems major, said Career Day is helpful.
    “It gives students an opportunity to speak with companies that they might not have direct access to,” he said.
    Students can log onto www.career.msstate.edu for an official list of Career Day participants.
    “Students who are registered on the site can access their connections account to see a list by major,” Buckner said.
    Most companies will stay until Wednesday to interview students. Starting Wednesday interviews will be conducted for internships each Wednesday in the Career Center.