Tom DeLay: put him away

The House of Representatives just lost its idiot: Republican and former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay.
    DeLay, who represented Texas in the House, was charged with conspiring with two men to use corporate money for Republican candidates in a state election. The representative had to resign temporarily as the House majority leader.
    CNN said that DeLay called this fiasco the result of blatant political partisanship. Funny that he would say that, since DeLay is known for his rigid conservatism.
    Whether the congressman is guilty or not is anybody’s guess right now, but when you look at DeLay’s stances and some of his history, the evidence points to guilty.
    Coincidentally, this man charged with using money illegally in an election has opposed attempts to reform campaign finance. The Texas Observer said he may be the staunchest opponent of campaign finance reform.
    Not only that, DeLay’s view of money takes away from his plea of innocence with his quote from the Congress Daily: “Money is not the root of all evil in politics. In fact, money is the lifeblood of politics.” When I first read that quote, I couldn’t decide whether I had read the words of a man who loves his country or the wisdom of a gangster.
    Obviously, if DeLay believes money must run politics and that evil can’t spring from it, we might see the congressman serving a couple of years in jail soon.
    And if that does happen, Americans should rejoice because DeLay is a man with skewed priorities.
    Of course, I mainly laugh at his Neanderthal gargling of phlegm. CNN and FoxNews provided me with DeLay’s gameplan in the court: “My defense in this case will not be technical or legalistic. It will be categorical and absolute.”
    What is he talking about? It doesn’t matter what you believe in a court. Courts work within a legal system; you must be legalistic in your case. DeLay should be lobotomized.
    Although I don’t mean to downplay DeLay’s unfortunate dumbness, his arrogant statements and disregard for the American people shine through his expensive clothes as well.
    The New York Times reported that after being asked by a waiter not to smoke on government property (in accordance with a no smoking policy), DeLay said, “I am the federal government.” This guy should have been removed from his position a long time ago.
    Perhaps DeLay had a significant role in Bush’s tax cuts favoring the rich, as some say. He would not extend the president’s tax cuts to those who make between about $10,500 and $26,500, according to wikipedia.org.
    However, we can only hope that DeLay will be convicted. Maybe he didn’t do it, or maybe he can buy his way out of the whole thing if he did.
    You should just know that he’s a roguish imbecile.