Chi Omega plans tennis tournament for charity

If playing tennis or helping small children is your idea of a good time, the Chi Omega sorority needs your help.
    The on-campus Greek organization will be hosting a charity tennis tournament at Starkville High School Feb. 25-26.
    The tournament is open to all members of the community who are high school age or older, and the proceeds will go toward Brickfire and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the sorority’s local and national philanthropies.
    “This tennis tournament is something that we’ve been doing for several years,” said Chi O Philanthropy Chair Annie Guthrie. “Last year it helped us raise over $27,000 for Make-A-Wish, and we hope to earn even more for them this year.”
    The entry fee is $40 for per two-person team. However for MSU students a special rate applies.
    “For students the rate is $22 per team, so only $11 per person,” said Chi O member Mandy Wallace. “Also there will be a $5 raffle for dinner and a movie. Tickets for that will be on sale in front of the union next week or with any Chi O member.”
    The Make-A-Wish foundation is a nationwide organization that grants wishes to terminally ill children who might not have had the opportunity otherwise.
    Brickfire is a daycare facility located in Starkville. Working with Brickfire makes it possible for the members of Chi Omega to assist in caring for and tutoring the children.
    The fees include a T-shirt and refreshments at the tournament. All entry forms must be turned in by Thursday. For more information e-mail Annie Guthrie at [email protected].