Look for girls at other places

Q. I have a problem with meeting people, especially girls. I’m not into the whole party scene because I don’t go to the clubs or bars. Where can I go to meet some good-looking girls?
    A. If you’re not a big partier, my guess is that you want a girl who is intelligent, somewhat conservative and cares about things besides getting drunk at a bar. But you also want her to be attractive (which is understandable), so here’s one secret hiding place for the girls you seek-the library. Hopefully, you will meet some good-looking girls who also care about doing well in school, graduating and having a career.
    Another place I would suggest would be Wal-Mart. As crazy as it sounds, the land with “always low prices” could be your ticket to heaven on Earth.
    The good news is that actually a lot of girls want to meet guys like you, who aren’t completely focused on the bar or frat scene, and who are motivated and good-looking.
    The more difficult question to answer is not where to meet people, but how to meet people. One of the best ways to meet people has been through friends. When you’re hanging out with friends from class, bring a few friends from your dorm. And have some of your friends from the dorm bring some friends from their classes.
    Maybe you’ll all get tickets for a sporting event or a concert or a play. Maybe you’ll get a group together to cook or go out for dinner. Maybe you’ll invite everybody over to watch “The OC” or see a movie.
    The next time you see somebody you recently met, you’ve got something to talk about. Eventually you’ll be meeting new people who are friends with the new people you just met-kind of like a chain letter, except not as annoying.
    Michelle Clark is a senior in elementary education. Send your relationship questions to [email protected].