Don’t steal the handicapped parking spot

As I walked out of my apartment complex yesterday morning, I saw something that absolutely disgusted me. A guy jumped into his car. Now, witnessing such a thing usually isn’t an issue, and normally, something so trivial would not bother me at all. What bothered me is that this guy had a handicap parking tag. Now correct me if I’m wrong, but handicapped people can’t typically jump into their cars, can they?
    Was the guy really handicapped? I’m not sure, but my guess is no. What I am sure of is that there are non-handicapped people driving around town and on campus with a handicap tag or license plate. I know this because I see it on a daily basis.
    It’s utterly sickening. Not only is it rude to be doing such a thing, but it’s an act of pure laziness. It’s hard to believe that people are so ridiculously lazy that they will take advantage of the disabled just so they won’t have to walk a few extra feet. Would it absolutely kill the people to walk?
    What really makes no sense is when people who are well-abled park in a handicap parking spot at places like Wal-Mart. Hello! You’re about to walk around a huge building for about an hour! Why does it matter how close your car is parked to the building?
    Next semester, when the new parking changes are in place, non-handicapped people with handicap tags will be fined $100 for every time they are guilty of the offense.
    So, for those of you who are guilty of this travesty, ask yourself if parking in the little blue spot is really worth the price you’ll have to pay. It’s not. Do the people who are truly disabled a favor and give your grandma her tag back.