Blackfriars to present drama production

Blackfriars, MSU’s present drama troupe, have scheduled The Madwoman of Chaillot for the first theatre presentation of the 1965-66 season. Curtain dates stand at November 17 – 19 with a cast of 22 students. The two-act comedy is authored by Jean Girandoux.

Mr. Dominic Cunetto, director of the Blackfriars, recently  announced the cast of The Madwoman of Chaillot. Staring, in order of appearance: Sandy Scalco as the Waiter, Tom Clayton as the Little Man, Vic Carmody as the Prospector, Jack McDowell as the President, Billy Robinson as the Baron, Collen Campbell as Therese, Mike Albright as the Street Singer, Donna Daigle as the Flower Girl, Warren Nybo as the Ragpicker, Judi Allen as Paulette, Joe Lilly as the Deaf-Mute, Marguerite Hampton as Irma, Ronnie Gamble as the Shoe-Lace Peddler, Bruce Peterson as the Broker, Bob Carollo as the Street Juggler, Joyce Hudson as Countess Aurelia, David Vaughn as the Policeman, Jim Roper as Pierre, Sterling Harper as the Sewer Man, Peggy Boone as Mr. Constance, Barbara Kirkland as Miss Gabrielle, and Dana Davis as Miss Josephine.

The Madwoman of Chaillot, by Jean Giraudoux, is a fast-moving two-act comedy with shoe-lace peddlers, rag-pickers, jugglers, and sewer-men constantly running in and out. The main “madwoman”, Countess Aurelia, is disgusted with the materialistic world and its main representatives. In the last scene, she methodically rids the world of these culprits and joy, justice, and love return to make it lighter and gayer.