Students travel the world with Passport

Mississippi State University Student Association is hosting an event that aims to break the ice and introduce cultures to students around campus. The event is called Passport and will take place today at the Amphitheater. The idea is you are granted a “passport” to travel around and visit the different booths that will be set up featuring different ethnic organizations around campus. Students can be informed and learn about different cultures as they do this.
Student Association President Roxanne Raven said this platform was created, so students and other members of the Bulldog family can meet others from around the globe and learn about their culture.
“It is our hope that students will have fun while making lasting memories and create new friendships and learn about that person and where they came from,” Raven said.
“Universities are unique hubs of global communities,” Raven said, “and it is important to take advantage of events such as this that expose students to all the different cultures we enjoy on campus in a convenient location as that is hard to accomplish outside of the university setting.”
According to the student association, this event is sure to accomplish their goals of helping others explore a notion of a different world and atmosphere.
Josh Dixon, director of the SA Diversity and Outreach Committee, said everyone can hope to experience and gain insight from various traditions of the multi-cultural organizations that MSU embodies.
“We hope people will come out and support because the overall take away from this event is to show that knowing about more than one culture will really broaden the student’s horizons and urge them to be more inclined on visiting other countries, talking and befriending people from different cultures, and of course, being informed about those different cultures,” Dixon said
The event is free to all and will begin at 6:00 p.m. and run until 7:00 p.m.