UPDATE: Fifth arrest made in Joseph Tillman case

S.+Pippins
S. Pippins

According to a Starkville Police Department Press Release, a fifth arrest was made concerning the robbery of Joseph Tillman shortly before his murder.

The press release said the U.S. Marshall Task Force apprehended 18-year old Syboris A. Pippins with a felony warrant. The felony warrant was issued in regards to the robbery of Tillman. Pippins was transported to Oktibbeha County Jail with a bond of $50,000. He is scheduled for his initial Municipal Court appearance tomorrow at 2:00 p.m.

Pippins arrest follows after District Attorney Scott Colom said at a press conference yesterday that evidence indicated a robbery occurred before the death of Tillman.

“There was a robbery that occurred prior to the shooting,” Colom said. “At this time, we don’t have evidence to indicated that Mr. Barker or any of the other suspects that they assisted or abetted in the robbery.”

Starkville Chief of Police Frank Nichols said at the press conference yesterday two weapons were recovered and sent to the crime lab and the police department was waiting for the results from the lab.

Jaylen Barker, murder suspect who was apprehended on Sunday, was charged with possession of a stolen firearm. The bond for the charge of the stolen weapon is $25,000. .

Brandon Sherrod, who was apprehended on Sunday and charged with murder, as an accessory, was bonded today on a $500,000 bond.

More details to follow as this story continues to unfold.