Letter to the Editor

I am writing this letter after feeling that something along these lines has been needed given the recent events in the Student Association that have unfortunately distracted this SA Presidential election from the candidates and their vision to better our campus, but instead to petty issues of who is endorsing who, unconstitutional actions and indirect attacks against certain candidates’ character. In this article, I would like to share with you all the Cole Wood that I know, and the young man that I believe should be your next SA President. 

I first met Cole when I was elected SA Attorney General in the spring of 2014, when Cole applied to be a part of SA Cabinet, where I selected him to serve as my Assistant Attorney General and worked with Cole for a year while in office. Throughout the year I became such good friends with a young man who was ambitious, curious to learn, and always conducted himself with such integrity and character. Whenever I needed Cole to help me with anything, whether it be going to run an errand, helping me interpret the constitution, or helping run the SA elections, Cole showed a work ethic that was unrivaled. 

This past year I have seen Cole serve diligently as your current Attorney General with zeal to uphold the laws and regulations of our Student Association Constitution. He is prepared and ready to be your next President.

So why should you vote for Cole? Simply because he truly does care. His campaign is about you, and has put together a platform to serve ALL students on this campus. Whether it be putting free printing stations in the Residence Halls, establishing an SA Smartphone App in order to reach out to every student, creating a SA scholarship fund to help students afford to pay for college, or establishing an SA Charity Week to serve our local community. This is a set of ideas that mirror the man who seeks to serve you. Cole is compassionate, humble, a true example of a Christ-like person. This is the real Cole Wood that I know, the young man who leads with his heart with a passion to carrying out his calling. I humbly ask that you consider placing your trust and confidence in Cole Wood to be your next SA President. 

Matt DeBerry