Meridian dean search begins

Mississippi State University is in the process of searching for a new dean for the Meridian campus.
Jerry Gilbert, provost and executive vice president of MSU, said a search committee  has been formed to select a new dean.
“The committee has not met yet, but it has been formed. It is a rather large committee of 23 people,” he said.

The former dean, Jack Tucci, will become vice president of academic affairs at Faulkner University in Montgomery, Ala., an MSU press release said.
“The former dean of the Meridian campus has done a great job laying down the foundation and has helped put into motion what the new dean will [do],” Gilbert said.
Gilbert also said the new dean will provide a new beginning to the Meridian campus.
“This is a new beginning for the Meridian campus, and we have set very high expectations,” he said.Jerry Gilbert, provost and executive vice president of MSU, said a search committee  has been formed to select a new dean.

“This is a new beginning for the Meridian campus, and we have set very high expectations,” he said.