The soul outsiders

A mixture of Beale Street, Motown and the Delta, The Soul Outsiders perform with a wide range of musical prowess.
While still being a fairly new band, the members are decades-old veterans of the live music scene in the Memphis area.
The Soul Outsiders provide mostly covers of older songs, ranging from blues classics by Muddy Waters to the legendary The Temptations, along with adding newer songs by Michael Jackson and even R. Kelly. The band provides a good variety of songs that will get anyone to sing along, from the nostalgic “Brown Eye Girl” to a different sound of Usher’s “Yeah!”
The band gives opportunities for both male and female vocalists to increase their repertoire of songs, along with a horn section to liven the songs up.
With the band’s experience on Beale Street, The Soul Outsiders members know how to get the crowd grooving to the beat. You can hear their passion for music with every note they play, and you never know if the next song they play will be “I’m a Soul Man” sneaking into “Get Low” or a James Brown song including a taste of Prince.
Just because The Soul Outsiders plays covers doesn’t mean it doesn’t mind adding its own little twists to the songs. From crazy saxophone solos in the middle of “Brick House” to a synthesized jam of “This is How We Do It,” the band takes classic songs and make them its own.
The Soul Outsiders is a band to get up and dance to. It knows its music well, and it knows when to bring on the funk and when to add more soul. With a variety of upbeat, fast tempo songs and slower, more thoughtful music, there’s no telling to what you will find yourself grooving, even old dance styles like “The Twist” or “Electric Slide.”

Even if you don’t dance, it is hard not to find yourself tapping your foot or bobbing your head to the beat because the music The Soul Outsiders play is the kind of music that never grows old and always sounds good.