Fashion Board presents: Shades of Summer

Mississippi State University’s very own Fashion Board will be hosting yet another fashion show before school is out. The show is appropriately named “Shades of Summer” and will take place in the Cotton District Wednesday. It will begin at 6 p.m. and wind down about 9 p.m.. Fashion Board plans on presenting the newest summer trends from local stores and boutiques in Starkville. The runway will be located between Rock Bottom and Tabs, and the theme will be reminiscent of the bold colors of 1970s style.
    Fashion Board began in the mid-1900s by a group of fashion-oriented persons and has thrived since then. It provides a creative outlet for many students. Fashion board’s goal, according to its own mission statement, is to contribute to recruiting efforts of MSU, to promote goodwill throughout town and to bring about awareness of every aspect of fashion. It has done this through a number of fashion shows throughout the year, and many are excited about the final show before summer.
    Caroline Gilbert, sophomore apparels, textiles and merchandising major, and a model for Fashion Board, said, “Fashion Board is a modeling organization that serves as an outlet to express personal style as well as a promotion for local vendors. I am so excited for the upcoming summer fashion show. There will be so many new trends shown that will be available in stores all over Starkville.”
    This fashion show will be featuring The Sundial clothing store and will be sponsored by a number of boutiques such as Ooh La La, Libby Story, R Tabb, Occasions, Frock, Indigos, Bella, Sisters, Repeat Street and Reed’s.
    Elizabeth Lucas, sophomore accounting major who also does hair and makeup for Fashion Board models said, “I’m especially excited about the theme for our final show of the year. It is going to incorporate a lot of bright colors that will inspire many fashion ideas for people during the summertime.”
    Music for the event will be by DJ GLOtron, a local disc jockey who has played for a number of fraternities and bars as well as the famous Mitchell Memorial Library rave. The fashion show will be photographed by Blake McCollum, who has shot fashion board events before. Shades of Summer is the accumulation of a lot of hard work and dedication throughout the year by this group of individuals and can be supported by attending its final show of the year.