MSU student tackles classes, computer repairs

Mayang Adnin and William Smith

Christian Brown, sophomore business major, meets the computer repair needs of students with his own repair business. Brown started Tech-Sterminators in December 2010 after gaining repair experience by working for Dell.
“When I was working for Dell, I was inspired to start my own thing,” Brown said. “Sometimes people just want a personal technician instead of a company, so I really wanted to start my own business that could offer a personal aspect instead of a corporate aspect.”
Tech-Sterminators is currently a home-based business, but Brown plans to move the business to a new location in the fall semester.
“Since it’s home-based right now, I’ll pick up the system after I get a phone call, repair the system, and then return it to the owner,” Brown said. “But I plan to expand and move to a new location once the fall semester starts.”
Tech-Sterminators offers a variety of computer repair and support services for both individuals and businesses. So far, Brown has not seen a computer problem he could not fix.
“I’ve done everything from system virus calls to installing wireless Internet throughout an entire home,” Brown said. “Right now, I’m working on an account for an Alabama company that wants me to format and repair 200 systems, so I had to hire a crew of certified workers to help with that amount of systems.”
Adrian Marcus, junior marketing major, used Tech-Sterminators for help with a computer problem and was impressed with how quickly he received his repaired computer.
“Christian fixed my computer really fast and got it back to me in great condition,” Marcus said. “I would definitely use Tech-Sterminators again and recommend it to my friends.”
CJ Lee, senior marketing major, is a regular customer of Tech-Sterminators.
“I use Tech-Sterminators on a regular basis,” Lee said. “It’s a great business. I recently sent in my computer because of a virus, and now it works great.”
Brown hopes to utilize his business concentrations in management marketing and information systems by expanding his business after he graduates.
“Hopefully Tech-Sterminators will continue to grow after I finish up at MSU,” Brown said. “I would like to keep doing this because I’m happy and I get to make my customers happy.”
 Brown said Tech-Sterminators is currently doing a special where MSU students can get 25 percent off the costs of repairs.