Chew on This: savory Super Bowl snacks

It is time for yet another Super Bowl. My family rooted for the Philadelphia Eagles on a really great year for them. But, like all good things, they must come to an end, for better or for worse.
For all our teams, it was a long year, and our boys played hard. Whether your team made it all the way or crashed from the first game on, now is the time to get together and just enjoy football.
Even if you do not watch or follow football, everyone loves a good Super Bowl party.
Now, you guys know I love any excuse to break out my “hostess with the mostess” skills, but the Super Bowl is different because you need special foods.
Some people love to have food in their team colors. Others have traditions where they have to eat certain foods or their team will lose.
Regardless of tradition, you will want easy to eat appetizers that will not stain every inch of the couch. It is a tough process because the best-tasting snack foods are often hideously easy to stain.
I, in my gobs of time alone, sat down and planned out three recipes which are easy to make, easy to eat, easy to love and easy to keep together on the ride from the plate to your guests’ mouths. So, let’s get started with a meaty cheese ball.
I really like this one because it is shaped like a football. It is versatile. If you are watching baseball, use the pepperonis for the baseball stitching. It tastes great, and it is not messy.
The next recipe is probably my favorite. It is like the bar-b-que mini weenies moms used to make for all the class parties.
I love these things. I also love the more adult version I take on them here because the sausage is flat enough to stay on a pretzel, cracker or, my favorite, the pretzel crisp.
I am using flavored wheat thins here because I love the additional flavor. If you want to use crackers or something else, I recommend seasoning the cracker or pretzel with garlic powder and parmesan or ranch seasoning.
The next recipe is kind of a take on a loaded baked potato, but without the mess and smaller.
With loaded baked potatoes for a crowd, you must know exactly how many folks will be eating.
In those cases, so many potatoes are not used, you must worry about not having enough, and you have to have some sort of container to cook them all in or cook them separately and keep the rest heated during that time.
I hope everyone stays safe and has a great time this Super Bowl. 
Meaty Cheese Ball
Ingredients:
1 bag of pretzels or crackers
16 ounces cream cheese
2 cups shredded cheese
3 green onions, chopped
7 ounces pickled jalapeños
⅓ cup jalapeños, minced
3 tablespoons of chopped parsley
1 teaspoon garlic powder
5 ounces of mini pepperoni slices
1 slice mozzarella
Recipe:

1. In a medium bowl, blend together cream cheese, shredded cheese, onions, pickled and fresh jalapeños, parsley and garlic powder.
  2. Mix until fully blended.
  3. Line a medium bowl with plastic wrap, leaving any excess to hang over the sides.
  4. Scoop the cheese mixture into the bowl, and firmly press to mold the mixture into the shape of the bowl.
  5. Gather the ends of the plastic wrap together and gently twist to tighten around the cheese mixture.
  6. Remove the wrapped mixture from the bowl and place on the counter.
  7. Shape the cheese mixture into the shape of a football.
  8. Place in refrigerator for one to two hours.
  9. Remove the cheese football from the refrigerator and place on a platter or sheet pan.
  10. Unwrap and cover the entire cheese football with mini pepperoni.

Cheesy Sausage Bites
Ingredients:
Ranch or spicy buffalo wheat thins
1 tablespoon olive oil
28 ounces of fully-cooked smoked kielbasa sausage, cut diagonally
1 cup spicy BBQ sauce
½ cup chili sauce
½ cup apricot jam
12 ounces of cheese spread
Stone-ground mustard
Recipe:

1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
  2. Add oil and sliced sausage.
  3. Sear meat on both sides and remove to a paper towel to drain excess grease.
  4. In a slow cooker, add the BBQ sauce, chili sauce and apricot jam.
  5. Stir to mix, then add the cooked sausage.
  6. Stir until meat is coated, cover with a lid and set cooker to warm for two to three hours.
  7. To serve, spread the cheese spread on a cracker/chip/pretzel/wheat thin, followed by a smear of mustard and topped with a slice of sausage.

Loaded Crackers
Ingredients:
1 bag of crackers, wheat thins or pretzels
1 cup shredded cheese
4 to 5 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
Sour cream
Diced cherry tomatoes
Chopped green onions, whites and greens
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
Recipes:

1. Preheat oven to 400℉.
  2. Place the crackers in a 9-inch cast iron skillet, slightly overlapping the edges.
  3. Sprinkle the cheese and bacon over the top, and bake until the cheese has melted.
  4. Serve with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt, and garnish with the tomatoes, green onion and parsley.