Starkville needs a Raising Cane’s

Starkville is home to many amazing things. We are fortunate to have luxuries such as our Mississippi State Bulldogs sports teams, Insomnia Cookies (which delivers hot cookies until 3 a.m.) and the always entertaining and informative student newspaper, The Reflector. However, Starkville is missing one key element which could make it the best place on the earth.
While we may have a fast food chicken place, which is subpar at best, we are missing the always-delectable Raising Cane’s.
Sure, some distasteful people may prefer a Zaxby’s chicken finger plate to Cane’s box combo, but let us be honest: those individuals are most likely Ole Miss fans. In addition, Cane’s is comparatively cheaper than its less appealing competition. While the Cane’s box combo is only $6.84, the Zaxby’s chicken finger plate is $7.98. Talk about a rip-off.
Consumers receive much more when they opt for a Cane’s box combo. The ratio of chicken to crispy batter is sublime, coleslaw can be exchanged for more fries at no extra charge and the toast has sesame seeds and enough butter to make even Paula Dean blush.
Zaxby’s, on the other hand, does not nearly begin to compare to Cane’s. Additionally, Cane’s box combo has a whopping 30 more calories, further solidifying the theory consumers receive more bang for their buck when choosing Cane’s over Zaxby’s.
Cane’s even has a more lovable and appealing company figurehead. While Zaxby’s has the silhouette of a chicken, Cane’s has an adorable yellow lab named “Raising Cane,” after whom the chicken chain was named.
Not only is their chicken delicious, but Cane’s is dedicated to serving the community. Cane’s has a tab on their website titled “community” and upon investigation, is full of things they have done and are currently doing to give back to their customers.
Where is Zaxby’s tab for community service? Why, it is nonexistent.
Moreover, there are no company scandals or slip-ups to be found where Cane’s is concerned. Zaxby’s, however, has been rude to those who seem to have gone to Zaxby’s as a last resort.
According to Andrew Blake of The Washington Times, a North Carolina chain of Zaxby’s served inedible food and disrespected customers.
“Employees of a Shelby, North Carolina, eatery are being questioned after law enforcement officials said they were taunted and served tainted food while dining in uniform at the restaurant over the weekend,” Blake said.
Not only is the chicken better, but the service is as well. It is safe to say Cane’s is simply the most well-rounded restaurant around, and its presence would make the near-perfect city of Starkville, dare I say, perfect. 
I must say, I do in-fact sometimes eat chicken from Zaxby’s. However, I only eat from Zaxby’s in an attempt to fill the void that can only be filled with the perfection of Cane’s chicken.
I implore all who inhabit Starkville, both students and residents alike, we must get a Cane’s so we do not have to drive over an hour to quench the hunger only their chicken can satisfy.