Jordan Danberry reflects on her final home game

Kat Beatty | The Reflector

Jordan Danberry jumps up to attempt a shot. Danberry will play her final home game Thursday.

Graduate guard Jordan Danberry was honored at senior night on Thursday. After starting her college career at the University of Arkansas and playing six games there, she moved to Starkville and became a Bulldog.
Danberry is a graduate student who was granted an additional year of eligibility by the NCAA. In December, Danberry earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Economics and is now pursuing her MBA. 
Commanding the court as a guard, Danberry’s final year playing the game has been one for the books. Her season highs are very impressive, with her record of 24 points scored in a game with her most minutes played in a game is 37. 
Danberry spoke in a press conference on Wednesday afternoon about how she was feeling looking towards her second and final senior night. She spoke about how appreciative she was to be granted another year of playing. 
“I just feel really blessed right now, just to be here,” Danberry said. “Going through these emotions again, I’m not as emotional this time because I’m just grateful.” 
When speaking about her senior night the day before, the senior guard said she had given some thought to the fact her final regular-season game at home will be against the team she started at, Arkansas.
“You know, I have thought about it a little bit, but I’ve been at Mississippi State for three years now, and I’ve played them many times,” Danberry said. “So it’s just next up on the list, so we just gotta focus and get ready.” 
She also earned a spot on the SEC Community Service Team for the year, as she has made her face known as one of the best players on the court in the conference for the 2019-2020 season. This organization is similar to an “All-American” team which was formerly called the “Good Works” team. Jordan Danberry earned this achievement by participating in multiple community service opportunities during this basketball season, with many opportunities being focused on children with special needs. 
Aside from her community service leadership, Danberry has also shown leadership on the court with her team. She leads the team in steals and ranks high in a defensive team which has forced a high percentage of turnovers per game this season. Danberry was nominated for the Naismith Defensive Player of the Year award this week and was named a semifinalist for the title. 
“Really proud of this senior, you know, coming back this year,” Schaefer said. “She’s meant so much to our program over the past several years, but probably none more than this year, being our only senior. She has really learned to embrace being a good defensive player for us.”

Lydia Palmer
Lydia Palmer, Former Sports Editor
Lydia Palmer served as the Sports Editor from 2020 to 2021.