Letter to the Editor: Women are not meant to ‘shepherd’ churches

I believe Ms. Hamilton is incorrect on two points. The definition of “pastor” literally means “a shepherd.” This raises the question: Who are the ones that “shepherd” a church? Notice in Acts 20:28 that the elders of the church of Ephesus were told to “shepherd the church of God …”
In 1 Peter 5:1-2, the elders of the church are again told to “shepherd the flock of God …” We can clearly see that a pastor and an elder have similar roles. Also, the term “elder” and “bishop” are used interchangeably in Titus 1:5,7. I believe it is reasonable to conclude these terms represent the same office.
That is, pastors, elders or bishops are a group of people that shepherd and lead the church, and those titles are used interchangeably. This is an issue because the qualifications laid out for that office written of in 1 Timothy 3:2 and Titus 1:6 cannot be met by a woman. 
Take note of 1 Corinthians 14:34-35. The context of this chapter is correcting abuses of the church in the handling of the spiritual gifts, which were given to them at that time. Paul states if a woman could prophesize, they are to “keep silent.” The context of 1 Corinthians 14 makes it clear these things were to happen when the Christians in Corinth were assembled together, as in 1 Corinthians 14:23. So, it can be proven that even women which had this power still had to be “submissive.”