MSU event ‘scavenges’ campus for State trivia

Wouldn’t it be nice if there were some kind of event that could rally the MSU student body, organize an interactive scavenger hunt and help new and old students make Bulldog friends? The Starkville Church of God LightBearer’s ministry has sponsored just such an occasion.
    Bully’s Flashlight Dawg Bone Hunt will take place on Thursday, August 26th at 7 p.m. in Colvard Union Room 329. Event organizers hope the event will draw the student body into a group with similar goals and interests.
    LightBearers is a group whose mission is to “bear the light of Christ through ministry focused on reaching college age students.” As a student body, it is important to develop fellowship through social gatherings to build the bond that feeds the Dawg inside us all. Ministries like LightBearers, as well as other local groups and organizations seek to provide structure to a large university that can seem overwhelming at times.
    Think you know everything about Mississippi State? With a record high of new students this academic year, Bully thought it would be a great idea to put MSU’s students to the test to see how much the student body really knows about our university. Bully’s Flashlight Dawg Bone Hunt is an event this week that is guaranteed to challenge those who call themselves “True Maroon.”
    Do you know the story behind The Junction’s name? Or when the first Mississippi State bulldog entered the legacy? If you want to become the doggiest of the dawgs, come to Bully’s Dawg Bone Hunt to find out the answers to the questions you’ve always asked. and will provide the Bulldog experience to the max for all students who wish to help Bully remember the facts about Mississippi State. Everything from State’s strange structures to unique names and locations can be found in the hunt, hosted by LightBearers.
    Throughout the year, other ministries and groups sponsor student body events that collaborate State’s entire community. From tailgating in the Junction to Super Bulldog Weekend and Bulldog Bash, there are plenty of opportunities for new and old students to gather and become “True Maroon.” And with the upcoming football season, old Dawgs can learn a few new tricks about MSU pride.
    Senior Food Science and Nutrition Major Victoria Walker has discovered over her years at Mississippi State how important on-campus activities are to meeting new people. “One of the biggest campus activities that I began participating in my freshman year was the MSU Ballroom Dancing Club. I eventually became an instructor, and I was able to meet so many good people – including foreign exchange and graduate students. They became like another family to me – we have all kept in touch over the years.”
    The new student director of Music Maker Productions, junior Mary Leigh Morris, also shared a few comments about how on-campus activities create networks for students. “On-campus events allow students to appreciate what Mississippi State has to offer outside of the classroom. Through these events students develop friendships with fellow classmates and discover the sense of community shared by generations of Bulldog fans.”
    Bully’s Dawg Bone Hunt is a great way to meet new people, enhance your Bulldog experience, and create a new family that will support you far beyond your college career. Come out on Thursday night to challenge your knowledge of Mississippi State and learn the MSU way of life.