Mullen wants all Dawgs on hand for scrimmage

Students, supporters, Mississippi State family:
    If you’ve heard us speak in the past few months, you’ve probably heard us say the number 40,000. Forty thousand people in Davis Wade Stadium for Super Bulldog Weekend. We’ve made a point of getting that number out in the public for one simple reason – it’s important.
    It’s important for our family and friends that have moved away to come back to campus for Super Bulldog Weekend. It’s important for our students and residents of Starkville to come out and support our university.
    It’s important for our football team. Our guys have been working hard since the last time you saw them (yes, we all remember that 41-27 beatdown over the school up north), and they deserve the reward of seeing a huge crowd at Davis Wade Stadium before they begin a grueling summer.
    But we’re not satisfied with what we accomplished last season, and you should demand more of us next year as well. Just like our team was inspired by the record-breaking attendance each week last season, we expect it to be even better and louder this year. And those expectations begin now.
    It’s important because your attendance next weekend will show the top recruits in the state of Mississippi and around the Southeast the support and passion and pride they will see each Saturday in the fall.
    It’s also important for our university and for our future. Sure the football program and the volleyball team and the soccer and basketball and track teams will have recruits here, but so will the colleges of engineering and business and every school on campus.
    High school students and kids from around the state will be here this weekend and it’s our chance, as a family, to make a huge impression.
    It’s important, but it’s certainly not a sacrifice. There will be events and fun times everywhere you turn next weekend. From the unbelievable atmosphere at Dudy Noble Field to the Cotton District Arts Festival to Fanfare in The Junction to the Maroon-White Game and the concert following, there will be something for everybody from April 16-18.
    So we look forward to seeing everybody there, because it’s important.
    Thank you and Go Dawgs.