Student Association announces Bulldog Bash information

Bulldog Bash crowds in 2013.

Bulldog Bash crowds in 2013.

The Mississippi State University Student Association announced the location and date of Bulldog Bash 2017 in a press release. 
The concert, first organized in 1999, will take place on Friday, September 15, the night before MSU football’s SEC home opener against Louisiana State University. 
 Bulldog Bash is moved to the intersection of Jackson Street and Main Street, because of the recent growth of Bulldog Bash and safety concerns of previous locations.
Allie Nichols, director of Bulldog Bash and junior secondary education major, said she is pleased with the new location. 
 ”I’m really excited for this year and the opportunity to reinvent the event around the new Downtown location,” Nichols said. “We’re working on a lot of new aspects for Bulldog Bash this year to make it the best yet.”
Last year, the location of Bulldog Bash was originally moved from the Cotton District to the MSU Amphitheater, but the decision was later reversed and the concert was help in the Cotton District. 
At its inception, Bulldog Bash welcomed around 2,000 people and now hosts crowds of over 30,000. This event brings together students, faculty, community and alumni for a night filled with music.
Related: http://www.reflector-online.com/news/article_483012b2-4928-11e6-8c74-1329b45cdf46.html
http://www.reflector-online.com/news/article_8f3bc38c-65b0-11e6-b0be-e739a9424049.html
Contact Emmalyne Kwasny at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter @ejkwasny.