The Reflector editorial staff’s plans for the summer

Sarah Dutton | The Reflector

The Reflector editorial staff of 2016-2017.

Emmalyne Kwasny, Editor in Chief: I am interning with The Clarion-Ledger in Jackson, Mississippi, from June to August. I will be writing general news stories, feature stories and working with online content, video and social media. I am so thrilled for this learning opportunity and cannot wait to bring back what I learn to The Reflector this fall.

Sam Gibson, Managing Editor: This summer I’m staying in Starkville to take classes and work as a communications intern for the vet school. I’m also trying to organize a stand-up open mic night in connection with Labrats Improv Comedy Troupe. Other than that, I plan on working on my tan, taking walks with my dog and reading more.

Devin Edgar, News Editor: This summer I’ll be staying and Starkville as a news intern for the The Commercial Dispatch in Columbus. I’ll be working for the Starkville and Columbus bureaus.

Taylor Rayburn, Sports Editor: This summer I’ll be in Philadelphia, Mississippi, working for the Neshoba Democrat. I will be an intern and get to cover news and other things around Neshoba County as well as editing pages. In July, the biggest event in the state of Mississippi, the Neshoba County Fair will be help there and I’ll be working non-stop to cover it. I’ll also be keeping up with MSU sports for my job at The Reflector.

William Wells, Life Editor I will be spending this summer with my in family in Woodstock, Georgia, while interning at Cherokee Tribune and Ledger-News in nearby Canton, Georgia. 

Olivia Zeringue, Photography Editor: This summer is (hopefully) going to be pretty chill. I’m going to be taking two classes and completing an internship so that I can graduate this fall. After I finish studying, my plans involve staying in my pajamas all day and catching up on reading and watching Netflix until school starts again in August.

Jenn McFadden, Graphics Editor: This summer I plan on working for Blush and Brush Paint Room as an assistant host but also plan on traveling to Tennessee, Maryland, and hopefully Colorado.

Collin Smith, Multimedia Editor: This summer I will be working in Starkville, as well as continuing to advance my video making and photography skills along the way. I hope to take a trip or two this summer to go see friends as well.