Immigration policies need to be enforced

After eight years of failed immigration policy and the failure of past administration to enforce federal law, we are finally seeing things get done. 

This past Friday, President Trump signed an executive order that restricts immigration from seven Muslim countries. 

He also ordered that refugee admittance be suspended for three months and that the refugees from Syria are barred entry to the United States indefinitely.

This is a smart move by President Trump. The CIA and FBI have admitted that they do not have the technology or ability to thoroughly vet these refugees which causes a great threat to the national security of the United States. 

Acts of terrorism such as San Bernardino and Orlando give the president great reason to issue these orders. 

Donald Trump made immigration reform and specific policies a keynote of his campaign for the presidency. 

According to the Visa-Waiver program, the seven countries that currently have a halt on immigration to the United States were indeed chosen by the Obama Administration. 

According to The Atlantic, “The U.S. allows the citizens of more than 30 countries to visit for a short stay without a visa under this program. 

However, that visa waiver does not apply if a citizen of an eligible country has visited—with some exceptions—Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011—under measures put in place by the Obama administration. 

Those individuals must apply for a visa at a U.S. consulate. These seven countries are listed under section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12) of the U.S. code, and it is this code that Trump’s executive order cited while banning citizens of those nations.”

During the late hours Saturday night, Judge Donnelly of New York granted an emergency stay for those who had already arrived in America. 

Media outlets reported that this was a massive blow to the president’s order. However, the stay does not protect those who are to arrive later. 

This stay gives people around the world the ability to change plans or routes because if there is another arrival of people from those seven countries, they will be sent back home. 

The liberal media is making those that support such action look like terrible people. Perhaps there are people here in America that love this nation and want it to be protected. 

This order from the president can give government agencies enough time to develop plans for extreme vetting once the order is lifted. 

This is not a complete ban on Muslims, so the media needs to stop referring to it as being such. President Trump’s top aide, Kellyanne Conway disputed that this is a Muslim ban. 

“These seven countries, what about the 46 majority Muslim countries that are not included. Right there, it totally undercuts this nonsense that this is a Muslim ban,” Conway said on “Fox News Sunday.”

“This is a ban on prospective travel from countries, trying to prevent terrorists in this country, from countries that have a recent history of training and exporting and harboring terrorists.”

President Trump has put together a strong cabinet that is proving they want to go after any threat or possibility of domestic terrorism. 

Many modern Muslims agree with Trump’s stance on radical Islam. We must work with our pro-reform Muslim allies to crackdown on these threats.

We do not lock our doors at night because we hate everyone outside, but rather we lock our doors because we love those that are inside.