Cellophane Flowers invites listeners on a trip down Abbey Road

Mississippi State University’s Center for Student Activities will host the Cellophane Flowers as part of the 2017-2018 Lyceum Series on Tuesday.
The Lyceum Series is a performing arts series exposing MSU students, as well as people in the surrounding Starkville area, to national and international performers they may not otherwise have a chance to see.
Cellophane Flowers’ lead singer Jeff Lubin is joined on stage by a string quartet, and together they perform the iconic songs of The Beatles in an entirely new way.
The group’s performance at MSU will be their first visit to Mississippi and one of their first performances on a college campus.
Assistant Director for Student Activities Brad Hill said he hopes new performers at MSU will introduce students to new cultures and new experiences.
“There is more to performing arts than what meets the eye,” Hill said. “There are backstories and subtleties that go much deeper than just what we can see.”
Hill said he wants students to see what it is like for someone to put their passion on stage to share with the world.
Other performance groups visiting MSU as part of the Lyceum Series this year will include Derik Nelson, the lead guitarist from the television show “Glee, and his family band, Ailey II, a modern dance group and Tao Drum Heart, a Japanese drum and martial arts choreography group who performed at the Vancouver Olympics in 2010.
Brad Hill said he and the rest of the Center for Student Activities hope students will come see these different performing arts groups.
“These cultural arts could be life changing if we let them,” Hill said.
Each of these performances in the Lyceum Series will take place in Bettersworth Auditorium in Lee Hall at 7 p.m.
Tickets are free to students with their student ID. General admission for non-students is $25 and is $20 for MSU faculty and senior citizens.
For more information about the Lyceum Series visit events.msstate.edu or call 662-325-2930.