Easy Street

At 9:30 p.m. tonight, Easy Street will take the stage at Bulldog Bash. The band caters to many tastes and intends to give Bulldog Bash attendees a fun and memorable performance.
    “We play a wide variety of music,” rhythm guitarist Marcus Ladner said. “Everything from Southern rock to classic rock to oldies. A lot of party music and dance. Basically songs from Van Morrison to Lynyrd Skynyrd.”
    Easy Street was formed, according to their Web site, “deep in the backwoods of south Mississippi” in Hancock County. The band is made up of Marcus Ladner on rhythm guitar, Ashton Burge on lead guitar, Trevin Burge on drums, Philman Ladner on bass and MSU student Matt Ladner on keyboard. All five share the vocals. They range from 21 to 27 years old. Despite the shared last names, none of the members are related.
    “Nobody believes us,” Matt said, laughing.
    The core of Easy Street came together four years ago, and despite a recent setback of losing a band member, they are now very much back in business.
    “We took a little setback, but we’ve really kind of recuperated the last year and a half and [Easy Street has] really kind of taken off in the South.”
    Easy Street is focused entirely on every band’s major goal: providing entertainment. This is best described in the their motto: “A band of good times and sweet sounds.”
    “We cater to the crowds.” Marcus said. “We do a wide variety of shows. We recently played after Tim McGraw at the Horseshoe Casino and Hotel in Tunica for the Brett Favre Forward Foundation Celebrity Golf Tournament for Charity. We’re just mainly focused on bringing the good times and sweet sounds all across the South, from Texas and North Mississippi to Florida.”
    Easy Street has recorded a demo CD before, and intends to begin recording a self-titled debut album in December of this year.
    Easy Street wants to bring quite a show to Starkville on Friday night.
    “We’re looking for pure entertainment,” Matt said. “To interact with the crowd and show all of the students a good time. We can kind of relate in a way, with me being a student. I’m just pretty much looking to entertain the heck out of everybody. Get their mind off of school and work and let them check out the sounds of Easy Street. I really think if anybody wanted to come out and hang out with us, they’ll be entertained, and if they don’t, we’ve failed to do our part.”
    For more information on Easy Street and to check out their sound, visit their Web site at www.easystreetsounds.com and their MySpace at www.myspace.com/easystreetsounds.
    Easystreet.tif: Easy Street will bring its Mississippi sound to Starkville tonight.