Vote out the Republicans

This November brings an opportunity for nationwide change. Democrats this year have their first real chance to regain the House of Representatives from the Republican Party’s grasp that has held the House for over a decade.
    Why is this exciting? It’s exciting because the Republican Party has let down the entire nation.
    Here is a list of some scandals and pitfalls associated with the Republican Party:
    (1) The Valerie Plame CIA leak case in which the Bush administration may have ousted a CIA operative to get revenge against her husband, who was critical of the administration.
    (2) Rep. Randall “Duke” Cunningham was convicted for taking millions of dollars in bribes while in Congress.
    (3) A failure to change policy in regards to stem cell research though the majority of Americans favor a change.
    (4) The inability of U.S. intelligence to predict Hamas’ rise to power and the recent war between Lebanon and Israel.
    (5) Tax cuts for huge corporations and the wealthiest Americans.
    (6) Record national debt and deficit.
    (7) A disgraceful failure of FEMA in its response to Hurricane Katrina.
    (8) The largest increase in the size of government since the days of FDR.
    (9) An apparent inability to secure our border with Mexico, let alone deal with the 10 million illegal immigrants within the United States.
    (10) Rising nuclear tensions with both North Korea and Iran.
    (11) Shortcomings in the funding for Social Security.
    (12) Illegal wiretaps against Americans.
    (13) Illegal torture of terrorist suspects and the creation of CIA prisons on foreign soils.
    (14) The loss of American jobs to overseas competitors.
    (15) Osama bin Laden is still free while the Taliban (the government that gave sanctuary to al-Qaeda) regains power in both Afghanistan and Pakistan.
    (16) Billions of dollars promised to but not spent on the “No Child Left Behind” education policy.
    (17) The mix of unethical acts by Mark Foley, Jack Abramoff, Bob Ney and Tom DeLay.
    (18) Most importantly, the Iraq War, which, according to our government’s National Intelligence Estimate this past April, has hurt the global war on terrorism by creating many more enemies than it has defeated, not to mention the tens of thousands of dead Iraqi civilians who died thanks to the chaos that ensued after we invaded.
    America is the world’s wealthiest and most powerful nation. The failure to educate, protect and fairly represent the American people is absolutely unacceptable. Change is needed. The American people deserve better. Speak up and demand what you deserve. Vote for change today.