Border fence

Our federal government has approved building a 700-mile waste of money and time.
    To appease voters who want tougher immigration, Bush signed the bill to construct a fence along the Mexican-American border that won’t even cover the entire border. Moreover, the fence doesn’t even address the millions of illegal immigrants in America right now.
    There are also “holes” in the approved fence. How will this keep illegal immigrants out? It will just slow immigrants’ passage in.
    We just don’t think this fence will end up keeping enough people out of the country. We need to send a stronger message to all immigrants.
    Illegal immigration may help businesses out, but it also hurts the middle and lower classes. Health care costs, unpaid taxes and money sent back to Mexico are just three things that illegal immigration has caused.
    The government should make legal immigration easier. This could decrease the negative effects of illegal immigration on the economy.
    Also, what would keep another future group of politicians from tearing this fence down? If Democrats take over the government, this is a possibility, and money will be wasted.
    The spending of the current administration is outrageous. It’s not even in line with the conservative ideology.
    The American government is constantly increasing government for stupid ideas.
    The Reflector editorial board is made up of opinion editor Jed Pressgrove, news editor C.J. LeMaster, assistant news editor Nathan Gregory, entertainment editor Aaron Burdette, sports editor R.J. Morgan, online editor Sara McAdory, photography editor Jay Webb, managing editor Ross Dellenger and editor in chief Tyler Stewart.