Candidates discuss views in debate

More than 60 students attended the Student Associations executive candidate debate that took place Wednesday ahead of the Feb. 21 elections.
    During the debate, the candidates were asked to answer questions that pertained to the offices in which they where running, questions about the Student Association and queries about other university issues.
    “I’m going to try and serve as an effective student leader,” presidential candidate Keeyon Scott said, “and I would really appreciate the students’ support.”
    “I think we need to get out there with the students and allow them to be comfortable with the things we’re doing,” presidential candidate Tiffany Crawford said.
    “We need to get the student body experience for all to a higher level,” J.R. Love said. “That’s what I think the president should do.”
    The other candidates who debated were candidates for attorney general George Harris, Aaron Rice and Stuart Saulters. Candidates for treasurer-Shelton Aycock and T.C. Rollins-also debated.
    “I think that everything went good in the debates. Although I wish we had candidates running for the other positions, the candidates that debated did a great job,” elections commissioner Spencer Broocks said.
    Students will need their ID cards in order to vote, Broocks added.