Share presidential opinions with College Board

The MSU presidential search will no longer be in total secrecy. The final candidate will visit on campus before being elected.
    Although this is a good step, things could still be better. Ideally, the top five candidates would visit MSU.
    Another thing to worry about is this: what if the final candidate visits, but the majority doesn’t like him? What options will we have then?
    However, the College Board still listened to us. We should take this opportunity to elaborate our opinions.
    Perhaps if the board saw a greater amount of student concern, we could know the top three or five candidates. But even if things stay the same, we should research the top candidate when we know he/she is coming and let the College Board know what we think.
    So don’t become silent now. Speak up. Tell the IHL members that you want to know about the top candidates. Our voices and feelings changed the College Board’s mind once. Let’s continue to show the board the new MSU president is important to our college and community.
    The Reflector editorial board is made up of opinion editor Jed Pressgrove, news editor Sara McAdory, assistant news editor Wade Patterson, sports editor Ross Dellenger, entertainment editor Tyler Stewart, managing editor Dustin Barnes and editor in chief Elizabeth Crisp.