Candidate for treasurer desires to expand SA funds

Treasurer candidate Shelton Aycock, junior banking and finance major, said he wants to expand upon the funds the Student Association now currently uses.
    President Lee has a fund, which provides money for the Student Association, and Aycock said he would try to petition the new president for money to use in the forthcoming year.
    Aycock said he would find more ways to expand current funds once he gets into the position.
    “You really don’t know what you’re going to be able to do until you get in there and see what’s gone on in the past,” Aycock said.
    Aycock wants to expand the SA’s funds by going out and seeking more means of funding because, as treasurer, he has a responsibility to push the SA forward, he said.
    One of the main qualities the treasurer needs to have is an organized manner, and Aycock said he has been accused of being a neat freak.
    “I’m very detail-oriented,” he said.
    As treasurer, Aycock plans to set up a supplementary budget, which would be money set aside in case spending goes over the regular budget, he said.
    Aycock ran for off campus senator last semester, but missed getting the position by several votes. He was a senator at Delta State, and he wants to become more involved on the campus, he said.
    “[My father] would always talk to me about financial issues,” he said.
    “We need to broaden [and] not be happy with the funds we have now,” he said.
    The first thing Aycock wants to do if he takes office is budget everything so that he can account for all the money and decide where he wants it to go, he said.
    Aycock is a member of the Kappa Alpha fraternity and serves the fraternity in a number of capacities, he said.
    “I’m the co-rush chairman, the number four corresponding secretary and the IFC delegate,” he said.