Lady Bulldogs host Alabama A&M, Tennessee Tech

After seeing postseason action the last four years, the MSU Lady Hoopsters will hit the hardwood at 7 p.m. to tip-off their regular season. In the two preseason exhibition contests, the team showcased double-digit scoring performances from three starters. The lone senior on the team and three-time All-SEC forward Jennifer Fambrough averaged 20.5 points per game in this preseason. Junior forward and two-time Kodak All-American LaToya Thomas has led the SEC in scoring the past two years and is expected to continue right where her torrid season left off. Both Fambrough and Thomas have already eclipsed the prestigious 1,000 point mark. Joining their efforts on offense is freshman guard Tan White, who averaged 18.5 points in the preseason.
    MSU has also been very active on the boards, amassing a plus 13 rebound margin. Head coach Sharon Fanning, who begins her seventh season at State’s helm, said she is pleased with the way the team is making progress but would like to see more intensity.
    Tonight, MSU will get the chance to crank up the intensity as they host the Alabama A&M Bulldogs. The visiting Bulldogs, who also wear maroon and white, are members of the Southwestern Athletic Conference and are 0-3 in visits to Humphrey Coliseum. A&M will return three starters from last year’s squad, while State will be without Lyndi Sippel, their first post substitute, who will be out for about another week due to an injury. Fanning said that the loss means that others will need to step up.
    Tonight’s tangle won’t be the only time to catch the Lady Bulldogs in action this weekend. On Sunday, Tennessee Tech rolls into Starkville for a 2 p.m. showdown.