Blake Jeter

These are brief statements submitted by candidates for Student Association executive office at the request of The Reflector. These statements appear as they were submitted by the candidates. The Reflector staff has not edited for content or grammar.First off, I want to express how truly excited I am about the direction of the Student Association and the opportunity it has to take that all important next step. How can we do this? How can we once and for all “bring the SA back to the students?” I believe it starts with one thing: accountability. Students elected to serve on the Executive Council as well as students serving in smaller capacities must hold themselves accountable to do their job and go above and beyond that job. Restoring a sense of accountability to the SA is a concept that I have made a priority and the newly elected Executive Council needs to as well.
    In order to instill a greater sense of accountability, I have set the foundation of my platform to be student feedback. My plan includes creating a Got Issues? Campaign that is centered around an interactive blog on the SA website where students can communicate directly with members of the Executive Council by posting concerns and even solutions to problems. The other base of my campaign is to not only promote student involvement, but to also place an emphasis on getting students involved as freshman. Above all, my primary goal as Attorney General will be to maintain my integrity and my morals in situations where I interpret the Constitution and represent the Student Body on certain committees. It is my hope that you will give me a chance to do so.