Worst movie: ‘Bridesmaids’

Whoever decided releasing a potentially raunchy female comedy in the same month as ‘‘The Hangover Part II” should be shot. While funny at moments, ‘‘Bridesmaids” seems to drudge along into a drama-filled “chick-flick” that failed to impress and left me regretting spending my money on the lackluster storyline. Previews promised a belly-busting recipe of grotesque humor from some interesting looking actresses, but when it came down to it, the humor fell terribly short.
‘‘Bridesmaids” is definitely not a movie you will be quoting for weeks to come, especially when ‘‘The Hangover Part II” came out just 13 days later. Don’t get me wrong, the acting was actually pretty decent, but this is just another female drama with a few curse words and some diarrhea thrown in to make you queasy.
On top of some dispensable comedy, the run time was over two hours, which made my butt hurt more than my stomach muscles, which were relatively unused considering I only laughed occasionally. Frankly, the previews had me believing Coke would be spewing through my nose instead of sitting in my bladder telling me to get up and go pee. If this crew really wanted to give a good comedy a run for its money, they needed to find some other way than having some fat girl sitting on a sink with diarrhea.
‘‘Bridesmaids” really had the possibility of being successful, but the comedy was predictable and unoriginal. If you want a good belly-busting laugh fest, this is not it. There are better alternatives flooding the movie goers’ market that outshine this dull performance.