iPad Mini Unnecessary

Rumorhas it a new Apple product could be amongst  usin the next few months.  Speculators are saying the iPad Mini will cost around $300 and have a display close to seven inches compared to the 9.5 inch display of the newest iPad.  The supposed iPad Mini will have all of the capabilities of a normal iPad but will be smaller and more portable.  Does this sound familiar? Because the iPad Mini sounds just like an iPhone 4S to me.
There is no need for another Apple invention when products of a slightly different variation are available. There are numerous Apple products including laptops, music players, tablets and cell phones with variations of each in those categories.  I must admit that I, too, have owned several different Apple gadgets, but the iPad Mini is not something I will be purchasing anytime in the near future.  Why is there a need for just a smaller version of a tablet?  The iPad Mini is too big for your pocket but too small to hold its own against the books in your backpack.  Also, the screen is too small to play the awesome games people are accustomed to and too small to watch movies and TV shows.
All of the different Apple gadgets essentially accomplish the same thing.  I can check email on an iPhone the same way I can check it on a Macbook.  It is the same with music, inasmuch that it sounds the same on an iPod and an iPhone.  Only the delivery is different.  This can be compared to the water that we drink and how we drink it.  Most of us like to buy water bottles because we are attracted to the appealing packaging.  No matter if we drink tap water or Smart Water, we are still getting water.  The same goes for the iPod, iPhone and iPad; they produce the same results but just in different sizes and degrees of advancement.
However, the geniuses at Apple have figured this out.  They know that the general public cannot resist excellentmarketing.  These powerful CEOs also know they can sell the population essentially the same products that perform identical tasks.  The only difference is they all look a little bit different with varying sizes and resolutions.  However, time and time again, we fall for their trick and buy the latest and hottest new technological advancements.  No matter the price, people go to extreme measures to get their hands on the newest iWhatever because spending excessive amounts of money on new technologies, especially Apple products, has become an accepted social norm.  I believe the only benefit for some people in owning an iPad Mini would be that they would become more stereotypically awesome because of another Apple product purchased.
So if the time comes and there is an opportunity to purchase the extremely speculated about iPad Mini at a midnight release for more money than it’s worth, just know the geniuses in Cupertino, Calif. will be thanking all of the people with iPad 3’s who just knew they needed an iPad Mini to make their lives so much easier.