How to Woo Your Date on a Budget

Guys, put down the remote control and the ramen noodles. It is time to ask out that special someone. Although dating on a college budget seems impossible, there are plenty of ways to have a great date on a tight budget.
Most college students understand the college budget and do not expect you to take them on a fancy date. A great night out does not always require a lot of money. Be creative. As long as there is good company and a fun activity, you cannot go wrong.
Here are some low-cost dating ideas:

1. Explore nature. Go for a picnic on the Drill Field or hiking at the refuge. It is a lot more original than going out to eat or to a movie and is guaranteed to impress your date.
2. Cook dinner and rent a movie. Redbox is only $1.20, and cooking will cost less than going out to an expensive restaurant. Cooking for your date is always a plus and shows you put time and effort into the date.
3. Embrace our beautiful campus. Go to the chapel, take a walk, stop by the State Fountain Bakery for coffee. Ladies love the little things.
4. Go to a museum or an art exhibit. There are a lot of museums on campus and a few off campus. Find out what your date is interested in.
5. Spend time with a group of friends. Grill out, play games or just hang out at someone’s house.
6. Go to your special someone’s dorm or apartment when they wake up, give them a surprise breakfast and watch morning talk shows.
7. Walk around the downtown area and the Cotton District. Enjoy the weather, listen to the bands and talk.
8. Go fishing. Rent or borrow fishing poles and pack a lunch.
9. Check out Mississippi State University events. Most are free or at a reduced cost for students.
10. Find a hobby you both enjoy. Look up local classes for something that interests you both or play a sport together.