Cart injury leads former MSU Mascot to sue University, ESPN

While cheering at the 2013 Egg Bowl featuring rival football teams Mississippi State University vs. the University of Mississippi, Michaela Mills suffered a compound fracture as she wore MSU’s Bully Mascot uniform. 
Mills was reportedly run over by an ESPN motorized camera cart and one of her legs was severely damaged.
During an intense moment of the game, two operators of an ESPN camera cart failed to see Mills. The cart is operated by a spotter, who is to be the eyes for the cart and a camera operator, who controls the functions of the camera.
Mills is suing MSU and ESPN for medical bills and pain and suffering. Some sources claim she is suing for $500,000. However, her lawyer, James Stephen King from Memphis, Tennessee said the numerical value is still being determined because Mills has not finished undergoing surgeries.
King said Mills is just now suing due to following proper procedures and time limits.
“Mills has a high chance of winning this case because the camera men failed to avoid running over her,” King said. 
King also said MSU believes the university is not at fault, but ESPN is fully responsible for Mill’s injuries.
MSU’s Chief Communication Officer Sid Salter declined to comment, stating it is against the university’s policy to do so.
 A court date is being determined for some time in 2016.