‘Kanye for pres’ may be a hoax for publicity

Although the election has not begun yet, Kanye West dropped the news at the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards(VMA) he will runfor President of the United States in the 2020 election. It was an unexpected ending to his candid and somewhat heartfelt, maybe a little bit dragged out, acceptance speech for winning the Vanguard Award. This was a whirlwind of emotions and a crazy act of randomness from West, but it engrossed the crowd and gained the attention of many people.

Not  only did he shock all of America with the announcement of his presidential candidacy, but he answered the question of whether or not he smoked something before coming on stage. He then said, “Yes, I rolled up a little something. I knocked the edge off.” He was basked in applause and approval from the audience for the 12 minutes he was on stage. He had the crowd’s attention for the entire time. 

As most of the world has already seen on multiple occasions, West does not know how to handle the spotlight NOT being on him.  If he is elected president, the spotlight will most definitely be all over him. When he stole the spotlight from Taylor Swift at the 2009 MTV VMA’s he handles everything that does not go his way in the same manner. He brought this up again iatthis year’s award show. This was not the brightest idea. He has a way with words, always keeping the crowd drawn in. 

Before the VMA’s, Kanye West and his wife Kim Kardashian attended a democratic fundraiser for Hillary Clinton, where they posted a selfie in honor of their support for her campaign. Some people question the controversial topic of whether or not it is acceptable for a woman to have so much power over the country. It’s a good thing West is all for a woman running the country, because he will probably have a wife that runs his campaign and the country if he is elected. Kim Kardashian is an insanely wealthy and famous woman and let’s be honest, Kanye does not take a back seat to anybody. The chances of that whole situation working out are  slim  to  none. Considering his picture with Clinton as well as other occurrences, it is possible  the whole announcement may have been premeditated, but I doubt it. He seemed to have gotten so caught up in himself and his emotions and was like “oh hey, I think I’m going to run for POTUS.”

As far as being qualified, who am I to say who is qualified to be the President of United States? A man with so much power should not be one who most likely did not plan or prepare for this announcement before he blurted it out on stage in front of the entire world. My guess is that he probably will not even run. 

What it all boils down to is he is an excellent performer. People do not know what to expect from him. This stunt will be added to the long list of other stunts that he has been a part of. He knows what to do and say to make people continue watching live television and keep watching him. The passion he stirred in the audience was truly incredible, whether there is any credibility to the statement or not. His ability to make people believe in him by giving a two or three minute speech about wanting to become President is nothing more than sheer talent- even if his response to a question about foreign policy might be, “bruh.”