Bulldog Bash brings fun, Cowbell Yell sets Guinness Record

Guinness+Record
Guinness Record

Starting today, Bulldog Bash will take over the streets of Starkville with tournaments, vendors and the main attraction—music. Preceding this special weekend, Thursday night’s Cowbell Yell in Davis Wade Stadium attempted to break a Guinness World Record of most cowbells rung simultaneously, and succeeded. This accomplishment kick-starts the Bulldog Bash weekend with a record-breaking achievement, and even stronger sense of pride in the Bulldog community.
Cowbell Yell: Breaking the Guinness Record
With an attendance of over 15,000 people, the world record was broken by a group of 5,748 individuals who were registered to ring their traditional noise-makers. 
Bulldog Bash
JoJo Dodd, Student Association president, said several events will preced the Bulldog Bash concerts. A Maroon Market will be set up on University Drive at 2 p.m. This market will host vendors from all over the city of Starkville. 
There is a corn-hole tournament at 3 p.m. for students to partake in. At 6:15 p.m. there will be a Dawg Rally with the MSU Spirit Crew. 
Local Natives, MisterWives and X Ambassadors will perform tonight at 7 p.m. in the Cotton District. Dodd said that each of these bands have a unique and diverse sound.
“This year’s bands were selected by our rock-star Bulldog Bash directors, who were chosen because of how in-tune they were with the students’ desires,” Dodd said.
Logan Reeves, SA secretary, said the independence and creativity of the students will be present at the Maroon Market and with the indie lineup. Reeves said the competitive spirit will be shown at both the corn-hole tournament and the Dawg Rally.

Dodd said he expects this year to be bigger than previous years. He said this year is exciting because Bulldog Bash will kick off the SEC season.

“The Student Association has been working endlessly to improve the experience— popular up-and-coming artists, more food vendors, more activities during the day,” Dodd said. “We are cultivating the Bulldog Bash experience to become an all-day affair students can look forward to.” 

Reeves said this week will be a memorable one for the city of Starkville.

“I fully expect this weekend to be filled to capacity with excitement and tradition as the Student Association continues to sponsor Cowbell Yell and Bulldog Bash while clanging our football team to victory against an SEC West foe,” Reeves said. 

Dodd said that in order to get the most out of Bulldog Bash, students should arrive early. This will also allow them to claim their spot for the concerts tonight. 

This year, Bulldog    Bash is donating to the Oktibbeha County Humane Society. Christy Crenshaw, OCHS manager, said she is grateful for the partnership.

“We are greatly honored that they have chosen us for their donation this year,” Crenshaw said. 

Reeves said there is no better way to begin another season in Davis Wade Stadium than Bulldog Bash and Cowbell Yell.

“Come out, wear maroon and enjoy your campus and Mississippi’s college town,” Reeves said.